What Do You Need to Know before You Hire a Roofing Contractor?
5 Important Questions to Ask a Professional Roofer
Installing a new roof is an expensive investment for every homeowner. Therefore, you have to select an honest and experienced roofer for top-quality and timely services. When you are looking for such a specialist, you need to know the right questions to ask. What are they?
- How long have you been in business? This is the main question you should ask. If a contractor has only several years in this industry does not mean he is not reliable. However, the longer they have been in this business, the better their reputation is. Staying afloat for many years is a sure indicator for quality and professional results. Also, experience means that the company in question has gained many people’ trust.
- Can you provide a valid business license? Seeing their business license means that you are dealing with perfectly-trained and qualified roofers who know what they are doing. In many states, some certain theoretical and practical exams must be passed by roofing workers in order to obtain that vital document.
- Can you show me a list with your clients’ testimonials? This is another essential question. Every self-respected roofing company would be proud to show a list of happy customers’ reviews and opinions. It is important to talk to a few of them to get a better idea of the company’s reputation and what to expect.
- How do you ensure quality workmanship? Roofers with vast experience and knowledge should tell you what methods and techniques they implement in their work. Plus, they should show you what tools and equipment they use to ensure 100 % satisfaction. It is important for a roofing contractor to examine your roof first and let you know of what repairs exactly must be done.
- What safety measures do you take? This is a vital question. You definitely do not want your project to be ruined due to the lack of knowledge and skills, right? Wearing the proper working clothing, gloves, goggles, and boots are of the utmost importance.
If your residential or commercial project is in need of a competent and skilled roofer, turn to Noah Construction. Have any questions? If you live in the Peoria, IL area, call us today at (309) 694-2275.